• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I configure my Adobe Acrobat Pro DC documents to accept actual signatures from a Wacom CTH-480?

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2016 Mar 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Background:

• We are an agricultural company that is finally going paperless.  We have a requirement from HR, to get all of our I-9s, W-4s, employment applications, health insurance forms and banking forms digitized.
  • I have created all the digitize forms in Adobe Acrobat DC (version 12), with all the check boxes, radio buttons and signature/date blocks required.
  • HR will be using a Microsoft Surface Pro 3, with a connected Wacom Intuos Pen & Touch, small (CTH-480) to sign documents.

Problem:

• Currently, when I click in the signature block, Adobe brings up the Sign Document dialogue box and in the Sign As: dropdown box, allows me to select New ID...
  • If I select the option for A new digital ID I want to create now, I can go through the whole setup and create a new "digital signature."
  • This isn't what we want.
  • I want to be able to click the option for a new digital ID and be able to actually sign the document electronically, from the Wacom signature pad.

Question:

What do I need (Software- or Hardware-related) to accomplish what I want to do?  I am on a limited budget and don't have lots and lots of money to throw at the solution.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2016 Mar 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you're describing is a digital signature field that you added, which does not prompt you to hand draw a signature as you've discovered.

What you can do instead is remove the digital signature field and instead use the Sign feature of Acrobat/Reader to add a hand-drawn signature. The problem is when you save the form, it get flattened, which means the form is no longer editable/fillable. An alternative is to use the pencil tool or a previously prepared stamp to add a hand-drawn signature. The problem with all such approaches is that they may not meet your needs for a signature. Using an e-signature service such as Adobe's DC eSign Services is a way to provide legally-binding e-signatures with forms, but such forms are more limited compared to a regular Acroform created with Acrobat. The point is, the best approach to take depends on your specific needs for the signature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2017 Dec 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to use an Electronic signatur pad,one of the STU series from wacom. With the aid of a thrid party program called Sign Pro Pdf to get what you are looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, thanks for your answer.

I would like to use  WACOM Sign Pro with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, and I need help. I opened a new post for it :

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/using-wacom-sign-pro-with-adobe-acrobat-reader-dc/m-p/...

Have a good day,

Nicolas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines