How do I graph, create KPIs and then display the produced graphic in a PDF file

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using javascript to create an interactive PDF. I have just been doing this for a few weeks so I'm definitely a beginner. I have been successful in collecting and storing data from user form input.

Now, I would like to graph results from this data (and ultimately create KPIs) and insert the generated images at predefined locations in the same PDF document - but I am not having any success.

1) I haven't been able to find PDF javascript APIs to create basic graphs.

2) Also I tried to import external library that creates KPIs into my PDF javascript logic but it didn't allow me to use the 'import' statement. 

Is what I'm trying to do possible? 

Thanks

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) May be possible with the comment drawing objects.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your feedback on this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a very complex task, and sometimes impossible. The only way to do it is by using images or comments.

There are no external libraries I'm aware of that can do it. It has to be custom-made for your specific needs.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your feedback on this. This confirms what I was seeing. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I honestly don't think PDF is your solution, even if it may be your deliverable. You might have a much less painful development process if you work with apps which are designed for graphing, and a front end app for data entry, then finally export to PDF. Yes, the user would need Acrobat, if Acrobat is your tool for exporting to PDF; depends on the graphing tool.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. This is helpful. I need to work with the customer to level-set their expections. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines