• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I poster print on two landscape pages?

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2016 Jul 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made an illustration (Illustrator) with a page size of 17" x 22", saved to a PDF so I could print on a different computer (no Illustrator) that has access to a device that can print 11 x 17". I wanted to poster print on two 11 x 17" pages, landscape mode. Using Acrobat Reader DC (2015.016.20045), I selected Landscape orientation in the Print dialog. When I then select Poster, the orientation is ignored and it wants to split my document across four portrait pages for a total size of 22 x 34". This gives extra seams, and a lot of excess white I'd have to trim. How do I get my document to poster print on two landscape pages?

Apparently this isn't a new issue: Adobe Reader X poster print module (Print Production) The answers there didn't seem to indicate an understanding of the problem.

(I'm running Windows 7 Enterprise and printing to a Sharp MX-5111N.)

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think that Reader computes the number of pages required to print at the current zoom level.  If both portrait and landscape take the same number of pages, it uses portrait, and there's nothing (that I know of) you can do about it.  For my project, I was able to shrink the zoom level slightly so that landscape took fewer pages, and Reader printed it landscape.  Hope this helps others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines