• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I stop Adobe merging my documents when printing multiple copies?

Jul 26, 2016 Jul 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone help?

Every time I try and print several 2-sided copies of a multi-paged document, if it is an odd number of pages - it starts the next copy on the back of the previous copy.

So if I've got a document 3 pages long, it would normally print  1&2 back to back and then 3& nothing page back to back.

ALL other packages I use will do this, but not Acrobat.

Acrobat seems to not want to waste paper! and instead decides to start the next copy without the break:

e.g.  Acrobat will print  1&2 back to back and 3&1(of next copy) then 2&3 etc. So it's not even that I can then go back and reprint the messed up second page of everything, it completely stuffs up my printing.

Is there a setting I'm just not aware of? It's seems crazy that ALL other packages know not to do this, but Acrobat thinks this is ok!

It is driving me bonkers - not to say wasting lots of paper and ink.

thanks

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

N D,

You haven't indicated what platform you are printing from (Windows or MacOS) or for that matter, what type of printer you are printing to. Please provide that information.

I cannot duplicate this type of behavior associated with printing multiple collated copies of an odd number of pages in duplex mode on my systems with Acrobat either on Windows or MacOS, printing to PostScript devices. We need to know what is different in your setup from what we have.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dov

I'm on a Mac and printing to a HP Officejet Pro 8610.

Like I say, this is the only package that does this strange formatting.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you try printing to another type of printer (assuming you have one)? Same issue?

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes unfortunately (Kyocera) and it also did it to my previous HP one, which would lead me to think it's a setting as surely it shouldn't be doing this!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue when printing from an iMac to a Canon Imagerunner C5250. To get around it, I add a blank page at the end of the document.

This issue does not occur when I send the same document (without blank last page) to my HP MFP M477fdw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no such functionality in Acrobat, so it has to be a printer driver problem. It looks to me that most printer drivers on the MacOS are not really mature.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines