• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you refresh a PDF form to show an updated price total?

Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  I am using Acrobat Pro 11.  I have created a few Quantity Text boxes that when they are filled in with a number, there is a Total box that is supposed to show the new total the customer owes.  The problem is the Total Box is not updating when I fill in the number in a Quantity text box.  Total box only updates when you click inside another Quantity Text box and fill it in with a number.  In other words, my Total box is always one step behind.  It shows lower amount than actual.  I was hoping there was a command or java script that forces the Total box to update price data as I enter a number in the Quantity Text box.  Any thoughts?  Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

If your calculated value is always one step behind, that points to a problem with the calculation order. Make sure that values you need for the final result are calculated before the final calculation. You can find the calculation order function vie the menu on the right hand pane of the form editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your calculated value is always one step behind, that points to a problem with the calculation order. Make sure that values you need for the final result are calculated before the final calculation. You can find the calculation order function vie the menu on the right hand pane of the form editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you enter a value into a field that value is only applied when you exit the field. It's possible to do it as you're typing it, but it requires a much more complex custom Keystroke script to perform that calculation and apply the value to the target field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, my calculated value is one step behind...two same calculations work perfectly but one with same formula and carachteristics doesn't. any suggenstion? or some kind of refresh button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See above. The issue is the fields calculation order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines