• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add submit button to PDF and run javascript code to move PDF file to MoveIT folder location?

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a pre-fillable user form in PDF format. I need to add a submit button in the PDF, which runs the javascript code. When the button is clicked, I need to save the PDF file into a MoveIT folder location. I am newbie and not sure how to start. I researched in adobe community and found few ways on saving the file but i dont see anywhere about how to save it in location where we need to pass in user credentials to access the file location and save the file there. Does anyone know what is the best way to save the files in a secured location? Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can save a file when you can give a filename. The same as you could with SAVE AS. If it's a special save you can't do it. You also can't call an external app to do it. I recommend you go with the expected flow, which is to SUBMIT the file, not save it at all. Submitting it sends it to a web or intranet server, which runs a web script, which can do what it needs to do in a controlled way. Also stands a chance of working if the user doesn't follow your instructions, and - for example - tries to fill it in a browser, or on their phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can we submit PDF to FTP file server? I have the link and Username, password to the file server folder location. Can we copy this PDF file to file server using javascript or any other way? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines