How to? Automatic extraction and naming of all single pages of a PDF-file

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody!

I'm elaborating 8 millions of hand made index cards (paper, size A6 approximately) for a dictionary, that have been scanned as pictures, saved as  PDF (400 dpi, color) and gathered in documents of nearly 100 pieces each. I have therefore nearly 75.000 single documents. The next step is the digitalization of the content of each card, passing their standard informations in a kind of a relational database. I want do automatize this process as much as possible. (If I accelerate the process of elaborating a single card of 1 sec., it means I have saved 7,5 millions of seconds = 270 working days of 8 hours! (If you want to see an example, please feel free to email me at themistokliu-at-hotmail-dot-de.)

The 100 digital cards of a document have the same "title" or belongs to the same word.

My question:

Is there any method to automatically split the 100-page-PDF-document in 100 single PDF-documents, which are automatically named by the title? For example, if a document named HOWTO.pdf has three pages, and these have respectively for example the titles PAGEONE (written with the function "TEXT" on the top of the page), PAGETWO and PAGE THREE. Is it possible to automatically generate three single PDF-documents by extracting them, which are automatically and respectively named by the titles of the single pages, i.e. PAGEONE.pdf, PAGETWO.pdf and PAGETHREE.pdf?

Thank You very much in advance for helping me to save a lot of time...

Jack

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Macintosh, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that might be possible using a script or a stand-alone application, but I would recommend against using Acrobat for this task. It can't handle that many files and you would need to manually run it in batches (which might be better than doing it by hand, but still...).

A standalone tool is probably your best bet. I'll send you an email with further information.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The email address you provided does not work. If you want you can contact me via try6767 at gmail.com .

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines