• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to convert colour of listed pages in one shot?

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a pdf document with 1000 pages.

800 pages is in colour, 200 black and white and I wish to reduce colour pages to 500 pages.

I have a list of selected pages that need to be in colour and I also have a list of pages that should be black.

There is an option to convert colours in Adobe but there is no way to paste a list of pages and you can not select thumbnails neither and then convert.

You can only give a range page 1-1000 for example or give a single page number but you can not ask for conversion of pages for example: 3,5,7, 25, 80, 500 and convert them all in one go.

I heard that Java could handle such a task but unfortunately I can not find good example.

If there would be some plugin being able to perform such task that would be great!

Thank you for your answers.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

leom97743845  wrote

I heard that Java could handle such a task but unfortunately I can not find good example.

Not possible. Acrobat doesn't use Java.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You probably meant JavaScript. And yes, there's is a method in Acrobat JS to convert the color of a page. It's called colorConvertPage. See more information about it in the Acrobat JS API Reference. You can use it to convert one page at a time.

It does have a small bug, though. It doesn't actually return a value when you use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines