• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create a custom script that will output a calculation but display 0 if the sum is a negative number Please Help!

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to create a custom javascript calculation that will do the following:

Caculate: Subtract AGI_Total - (Deductions +Exemptions) and the result would go into the Taxable_Income field

I can do this in the Simplified Field notation of the Taxable_Income field on the PDF form I am working on but what I am having trouble doing is if the sum equals a negative number, I want the Taxable_Income field to display 0. Unfortunately, I am very new at Javascript and I don't know how exactly to do this. I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro.

Can someone help please?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Use this code as the field's custom calculation script:

var result = Number(this.getField("AGI_Total").value) - (Number(this.getField("Deductions").value) + Number(this.getField("Exemptions").value));

if (result<0) result = 0;

event.value = result;

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use this code as the field's custom calculation script:

var result = Number(this.getField("AGI_Total").value) - (Number(this.getField("Deductions").value) + Number(this.getField("Exemptions").value));

if (result<0) result = 0;

event.value = result;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It works! Thank you! and thank you for the speedy response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines