• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create datepicker using JavaScript in Acrobat DC Pro?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to create date-picker using JavaScript in Acrobat DC Pro?

The date-picker should be in this format: dd.MM.yyyy

Kind regards

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest release of Adobe Acrobat DC and the free Adobe Reader DC will automatically display a date picker when you have  text field that uses a date format. All you need to do is create a date field, and set the correct format options:

2017-01-19_11-47-53.png

The date field then shows a little triangle on the right. When you click on that, you get the date picker:

2017-01-19_11-49-23.png

Keep in mind that when you open the file in an older version of Reader or Acrobat, the date picker will not show up - you can still enter the date manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How'd I miss that?

So cool.

J-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Touche!

So where's your subscribe button?

J-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to use an RSS reader - the same way I read your blog My email inbox is already too cluttered as it is, so I try to keep things that don't need to arrive as emails out of the inbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Karl,

When I'm trying to enter the date for example 19.01.2017 my Acrobat DC Pro shows this box: Invalid date/time: please ensure that the date/time exist. Field [Date] should mach format dd.MM.yyyy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The date format should be "dd.mm.yyyy" - the two digit month is "mm" an not "MM"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, now it's OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Karl -

I wish I could get Adobe to cooperate on the forms.  I am using Adobe Acrobat DC Pro, and no matter what form field type I choose I don't get the same options you are showing.  I only get the General, Appearance, Position, and Options Tabs.

How do I get the other s to show up?

Thank You -

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You use a Adobe Sign form. Convert it to a Adobe Acrobat form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I am still learning a few basics.  In Adobe Acrobat DC Pro I did the following.

1. I created a new Adobe Document and added some text on the page.
  2. I saved the new Adobe document and created a form that requires signatures.
    1. I have added a text field for Name
    2. I have added a Date field for Requested Date
    3. I have added a signature field
    4. I saved the Form "Test_Form"
  3. How do I convert the form, I am assuming it is a Adobe "Sign" form because it has a signature block, to an Adobe Acrobat Form?  I don't see the option in Adobe Acrobat DC.

I am using        Acrobat DC

Version: 19.12.20034.328841

Creation Date: 2019/05/02

I used to use Adobe Livecycle for the forms and it was great!  This is not an intuitive process in Acrobat DC.  Thank you for the help.

Where do I go from here to get the form fields to be visible so I can work with them?

Much Appreciated -

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the future do not tick the "This document requires signatures" box when creating the form. That's what makes it into an Adobe Sign form and limits your options. You would still be able to add Signature fields, even without this box being ticked.

To change it back click on Tools - Prepare Form and then click on "More" at the right side of the window and then on "Revert to Acrobat Form".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to create date-picker using JavaScript in Acrobat DC Pro?

Hi.

You don't need to re-invent the wheel, this one is already made: http://abracadabrapdf.net/utilities-in-english/acrobat-utilities/magicdate-picker/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking for free JavaScripts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FormRouter offers a free form field validation add-on tool that can add a date picker field as well as the free tool offered by www.PDFscripting.com.

http://www.formrouter.com/tools/index.html

Form Validation Tool

Free sample PDF Files with scripts

Some instructions on trusted/Privileged  functions and installing document level functions.

As noted above, if you have updated Acrobat DC to the most recent version, you will have the date picker included as part of the date format option. If you have an older version of Acrobat then you need to add one of the date picker tools. If you do not have the Professional variation, then you will have to use the JavaScript console to add the document level code. Since the code for this tool is very long it you will have a lot of work to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2017 Jan 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new Date Picker is not Acrobat Pro dependant, it is Acrobat Reader dependant.

I mean that only the latest Acrobat (Reader, Pro and Standard) will display the Date Picker in Date fields, older versions will never display the Date Picker, even if the form was made with the latest DC release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines