• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to delete a word feature (square box) imported to an adobe fillable form.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an Adobe fillable form that I like. It was created from a Word fillable form that I imported and modified extensively. There are square shapes that were improrted for word (intended for checkboxes but only the square ouline imported). In adobe, I want to remove the square shapes to use the space for radio buttons. The radio buttons cannot be larger than the length and width of the squares to fit properly. therefore the corners of the underlying boxes show. Is there anyway to remove the imported squares? The squares are not selectable by the selection tool to delete. Ideas?

I an using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try the "Edit PDF" mode? If this does not work for selecting the square shapes, then please post the form so we can take a look at it.

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thom, Yes. I did try "Edit PDF Mode."https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/review?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:fc7e5912-aa09-4934-ace6-51cf3ba1652...

I removed the checkbox associated with: 'Accept "As Revised". You will see the square shape that was imported from Word. Every check box hides a square from Word. In any given row of checkboxes one box and one box only should be required. It appears that I should have chosen to use radio buttons and then learn how to goup them for each row. If I can remove the undesirable squares from word, I would be thrilled.

Forget the other non-working elements. As I learn, I've learned that there are better choices. The form is not pretty as I am trying learn by creating a useable form that will act like a router. Once a section is completed, I will need that section to be locked so the next persons don't accidentally change the first section. Some learning elements I haven't gotten to yet or have decided to accomplish more simply. Thanks for your attention on the squares issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was able to use the "Edit PDF" mode to delete the squares, however, there were some issues. If any other individual content elements were selected and deleted, then selecting and deleting further content was blocked. I stongly suspect this behavior is related to the tagging. I removed all tagging and the issue went away. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines