• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get the window handle of Adobe Acrobat DC application?

Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

tell me, please, how to get the window handle of the Adobe Acrobat DC application?
Thanks.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can download Process Explorer from Micrososft Sysinternals

See here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer 

This tool is really good to  see a list of windows handles and all registry processes associated with an opened program.

I don't think there is a particular  handle that will remain unchanged  nor not reused  by other instances of a process once the  main process has closed; so this tool is very handy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer, but I needed to get the window handle of the Adobe Acrobat DC application from Visual C ++, and not from an external application. I found a solution to this problem.

If a modal window opens, the handle is obtained as follows:
HWND hwnd = WinAppGetModalParent (AVAppGetActiveDoc ());
If a modeless window opens, the handle is obtained as follows:

HWND hwnd1 = WinAppGetModelessParent ();
Anyway, thanks for wanting to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

These might not be the window handle of the application - but they are certainly the right window handles to use for window parents. Be sure to test your app when more than one Acrobat window is open (each one will have a handle).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines