• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to hide a field, remove the resulting whitespace

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC on Windows. I am looking to create a form for my office that does the following:

• Checkboxes for each the given roles
  • When a box is checked, insert the related text field into the document showing the related training (all in an obnoxiously long default text), shifting all text fields down
  • When a box is unchecked, remove the related text field from the document, and shift all the fields underneath it up (this is not removed like deleted, just removed from view and printing)

I have gotten the fields to be hidden when I uncheck the box, and show when I check the box. That was easy enough. However, the text fields are just hidden (not showing), not removed from the document structure (which makes sense but is not what I am looking to do). Pretty much, I want the fields to move up and down and all around as the boxes are checked and unchecked. I am relatively new to PDF programming, but not to programming overall. In this vein, I would like some help getting this to work.

Another issue I've run into (and thought again about while typing up the above) is the default text. I don't have access to the "Javascripts" folder on my system, and this wouldn't work anyways because not everyone would have said file on their systems and so my initial idea wouldn't work anyways. Is there any other way to import text from a file into text fields? Or, any way other than having it in the default text of each field? This isn't super related to the question above, just that it's on the same form, but I would appreciate any advice on this topic anyways.

Something I see a lot of is "LifeCycle" and I'm 99.9% sure I'm not using that so, that's important I think.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

LiveCycle Designer is pretty much discontinued by the way. Can no longer be purchased except as part of the AEM product for a 5-6 figure sum. AEM users are no longer encouraged to make PDF forms, but to make HTML5 forms.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you want is possible with LiveCycle Designer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

LiveCycle Designer is pretty much discontinued by the way. Can no longer be purchased except as part of the AEM product for a 5-6 figure sum. AEM users are no longer encouraged to make PDF forms, but to make HTML5 forms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines