Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to install Acrobat SDK 7.0 on linux

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've downloaded the SDK 7.0 for Linux and unzipped.  Am unclear on which binaries to install or if I need to do a make/compile first.  There appears to be two binaries in the unzipped folders.  makekey and makeppi.  Are these the binaries?  If so, how can I get a listing of the methods/functions in each?  Want to determine which binary contains the  methods/functions outlined in the SDK 7.0 object model.

Have code working on Windoze side but need to port over to linux.

Any help or guidance to resources would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

Scott

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

The Acrobat SDK only provides access to the headers and samples for creating a plug-in for Acrobat or Reader, the actual methods are provided by the application not the SDK.

The applications you are looking at are used to sign the Plug-in that is created so that it can be loaded by the Adobe Reader application.

If you are looking to build a stand alone (i.e. without Adobe Acrobat/Reader installed) then you would need to get a different library. Adobe has the PDF library for this ( although there are other third party libraries that can be used.)

Regards

Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines