• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make link attachments functional in browser view

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't necessarily pertain to Adobe specifically, but more pdf/browser compatibility; I figured this forum would have more knowledge of pdfs than chrome. I have pdfs that have file attachments to other pdfs in the file. When I open it in Adobe Acrobat Reader or equivalent the links work fine, but if it's opened in the browser (which is the typical default setting) the links aren't there. This is inconvenient when sending to other people who do not have Acrobat. I was wondering if there was any way to open these in the browser and enable the attachment links? Any way to make browser pdf reader more than just "view-only"? I know Acrobat is no longer supported by most browsers since NPAPI add-ons became obsolete, but is there any alternative? There has got to be SOME way, I know technology is far too advanced for there not to be. If anyone knows of anything, whether it be "safe" or not, I would be glad to hear it. Even if it's just a possibility, I'll take it. I've been digging pretty deep, and so far, no luck.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're

(1) actually asking about many different products now. Firefox has a PDF viewer, with features according to FireFox's priorities. Chrome has a PDF viewer, with features according to Google's priorities. Then there are the default viewers on iPhones and Android phones. There is Windows Reader (for Edge) and Apple Preview. All different priorities.

(2) hoping other PDF viewers have caught up and that anything you can do in Reader is possible in the others, is a very faint hope indeed. Different priorities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have control over the server, you can set up the folder where the PDF files are being hosted to just download the file rather than open in the browser. Most desktop PDF viewers will do more than the browser viewers. They might even open in an Adobe tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines