• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to modify password and security settings for pdf file in C#?

New Here ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm an intern working on a program that uses the OpenXml SDK to modify some info in a word doc and then convert it to PDF using interop. Unfortunately I am unable to programmatically password-protect the PDF or change any of the security settings with interop. I'm looking for a way to do this that doesn't require me to release my source code or require my employer to pay for a software license. I've heard that I might need to write a plugin in C++ and then use unmanaged exports to call it in C#. Is this true? What are my options?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Certainly there is no C# API to this. And using a plugin externally is painful and awkward territory. Is this for a server? If so I have good and bad news...

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Certainly there is no C# API to this. And using a plugin externally is painful and awkward territory. Is this for a server? If so I have good and bad news...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is not for a server, it's for a windows forms program to be ran locally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines