How to over ride the open cross link documents in same window default

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "open cross link documents in same window" check box defaults to on or checked; how can I set the default to be off or unchecked? I write documents that have lots of links to other documents and it is an absolute nuisance to have to uncheck the cross link box every time I open a document or have people asking me why the main document closes when they follow a link.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by try67 | Most Valuable Participant

You can't do it with JavaScript. Might be possible with a plugin; Certainly possible with an external tool.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to over ride the open cross link documents in same window default

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "open cross link documents in same window" check box defaults to on or checked; how can I set the default to be off or unchecked? I write documents that have lots of links to other documents and it is an absolute nuisance to have to uncheck the cross link box every time I open a document or have people asking me why the main document closes when they follow a link.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by try67 | Most Valuable Participant

You can't do it with JavaScript. Might be possible with a plugin; Certainly possible with an external tool.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 13, 2019 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 13, 2019 1