Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to retrieve lost info on fillable form

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I wrote a statement on a fillable form from the va.gov website, but when I saved it, the form is blank. Please tell me how to retrieve the information. I cannot remember how I wrote what I did.  And cannot sleep.  Its very important. 

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help us understand what you did. 

1. What form? Please give us an exact web adddress to take us there. 
  2. What app did you fill it with (for example Chrome)?
  3. How did you save the form, exactly?
  4. how did you reopen the form, exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is form 21-4138 on the va.gov website. I tried to save as and renamed the document. It is in foxit reader. When I opened it documents to try to continue, there was only blank form.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks. If you are using Foxit Reader, it is t anything we know about here, because it is not made by Adobe. Please contact Foxit support. Be sure to include the actual web address of the form, not just its name. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Test_Screen_Name and Cindysue1965,

This is a veteran affairs form that veterans use to provide a statement in support of a claim.

As I am reading, it seems like it is a waste of time and money to use this form to claim something to the VA Office.  See here:https://www.veteranslawblog.org/va-form-21-4138/ 

But anyway, the important detail here is that the form is downloaded from here: https://www.va.gov/vaforms/search_action.asp?FormNo=21-4138&tkey=&Action=Search 

And it is an XFA form.

The website even disclaims that some of this downloadable forms are intended to print and hand fill. 

Both, Acrobat and Foxit cannot fill these XFA forms.

If you're trying to use Adobe Acrobat Reader, it won't allow to use Fill & Sign or even edit.

If you need this form in PDF fillable format you need to download from here: https://www.militarydisabilitymadeeasy.com/vaform21-4138-s.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwigmYfvk7PoAhVNSq0KHeeYD8gQ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines