• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to sanitize pdf adobe acrobat without increasing the size of the file?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been experience this particular problem, it seems that every time I sanitized a PDF the size increased from 4MG to 44.5MG. I'm sanitizing the pdf directly from Adobe Acrobat.

Does someone knows a better way to sanitized a pdf without increasing the size (no more than 10MG max.)?

Please comment if you have a solution.

Daniela

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be that the sanitizer is rasterizing parts of the document that has transparency or other overlays. Can you share an example file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks you replying my message.

The reason why sanitizing the pdf still falling is because every time I try to upload the pdf file into a platform the message I'm getting is that my pdf contains encrypted data or active content. The sanitize action increases the size of the pdf.

I could share with you this pdf if you want to have a look. Please send me your email address through a private message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines