How to set DuplexType property of PDF using Acrobat SDK?

May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I set the DuplexType Property of PDF to Duplex Flip Long Side using  Acrobat SDK preferrably through Javascript or IAC using VBScript?

I am generating a PDF which needs to be set to Duplex mode by default, no matter even if it gets overridden in print dialog.

Can it be achieved through PDDoc.SetInfo() method? If yes, what would be the InfoKey and its value?

Is there any other approach to do this?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs, How to, Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to set DuplexType property of PDF using Acrobat SDK?

May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I set the DuplexType Property of PDF to Duplex Flip Long Side using  Acrobat SDK preferrably through Javascript or IAC using VBScript?

I am generating a PDF which needs to be set to Duplex mode by default, no matter even if it gets overridden in print dialog.

Can it be achieved through PDDoc.SetInfo() method? If yes, what would be the InfoKey and its value?

Is there any other approach to do this?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs, How to, Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 25, 2020 0
May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you meaning that the document always prints duplex, no matter what the userselects in the print dialog?

Or just that it should be set?

Regards

Malcolm

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 25, 2020 0
May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Malcolm,

No, I just want the property to be set. User can override it if he wants but the initially created PDF should have this property set to Duplex Flip Long Side.

Thanks in advance for any pointers on this. 

Regards,

Sapeksh Gupta

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 25, 2020 0
BarlaeDC LATEST
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have had a look through the JavaScript and can't see a way this can be done,  it could be done if you where printing from the document, but not change the setting.

You might be able to get if from VB using the GetInfo/SetInfo methods of the AcroExch.PDDoc, I have not being able to test this, but the documentation says it is possible.

Regards

Malcolm

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 26, 2020 0