How to set maximum file size that can be uploaded in a PDF form?

Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to give a lower and upper limit to the (PDF) file size that can be uploaded into a PDF form field. How can I achieve the same?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to set maximum file size that can be uploaded in a PDF form?

Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to give a lower and upper limit to the (PDF) file size that can be uploaded into a PDF form field. How can I achieve the same?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 05, 2017 0
Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean a file that's attached to the PDF? It's not possible to do that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2017 1
Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However, you can attach the file, check the size, and then remove the attachment before saving if the size doesn't match the criteria.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2017 2
Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That won't work because the file-size value only updates when the file is saved.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2017 0
Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True... for the PDF. But you can get the file size of the attachment immediately after attaching it. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2017 1
try67 LATEST
Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True as well...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2017 0