• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to set up JavaScript to silently print first page and fourth page of a PDF document?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear,

What is the JavaScript code to silently print first and fourth page of a PDF document?

My PDF file has 7 pages but I want to create Print Button for printing only first and fourth pages.

Kind regards

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe considers this a security risk. If anyone could silently print a form without the user's knowledge then personal information could easily be stolen. You should be aware that a computer can print to any printer on a network or on the internet.

For you do this a special folder level script needs to be added to you computer and each users computer. You can then call this script from your form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2017 Jul 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One can almost "silently" print from a document: user will only see an alert box asking him to allow or not the printing, but he will not see the Print dialog box and cannot edit any settings.

If this is what you are looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how can I do it. I want a button and print direcly. can you tell me how do it with javascript

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Read the documentation of the print method of the Document object as well as the PrintParams object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines