• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Skip 2nd and 3rd Steps in Batch Sequence in Acrobat 9

Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Guys, how to skip 2nd and 3rd steps in batch sequence which is "Run commands on" and "Select output location" respectively. Since i added the details of 2nd and 3rd sequences in my script itself. Also one more question, is there any method to run the JavaScript alone without batch sequences? if so how to do that?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Copy-paste the script into a new batch sequence and use it alone.

or

2. Copy-paste the script into the JavaScript Console, select all, hit the Enter key (not Return).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant understand clearly what you said. If i create new batch sequence by default remaining two options are there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't remove these parts of the Action. They are an integral part of it.

You can set the "Select Output Location" setting to now save the files, if you're doing it in your script, though.

I don't understand how you could replace the command that selects which files to process with a script.

Did you hard-code the file-paths into the code? If so, then you don't need to use an Action at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mentioned for current(this) document in the code. I asked in question itself is there any way to run the code alone without batch sequences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

madhusudhananc  a écrit

I asked in question itself is there any way to run the code alone without batch sequences?

Copy-paste the script into the JavaScript Console, select all, hit the Enter key (not Return).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you're only using it to process the current file? In that case you don't need to use an Action. Use the JS Console (as was mentioned above) or a folder-level script that adds a menu/toolbar item to the application that executes your code when clicked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what i am required Try. Could you please assist me to do folder level script to add in toolbar. Give me any reference to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Try. I read the article and i can understand the concept. But i cant proceed further. Do you have any example code for adding tool bar icon. Also guide me where i have to add my existing code along with the new codes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where to place the file is explained in the tutorial.

To add a new toolbar item (which doesn't actually do that anymore, but adds a button to the Add-On Tools panel under Tools), use the addToolButton method of the Document object. For details and examples see the Acrobat JS API Reference file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i try to get path for user its throwing back error below. How to solve this? or i can run from app folder itself?

GeneralError: Operation failed.

App.getPath:1:Console undefined:Exec

undefined

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the "app" folder instead of the "user" folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I have not created a new batch sequence in Acrobat 9 for years so I forgot about these steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can use this free tool to find the JavaScripts folders: https://www.abracadabrapdf.net/?p=978 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines