HTML in my database. How do you mail merge it?

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to do a mail merge from an excel file. One of the cells contains HTML tags. I want the tags rendered during the mail merge so the the output is formatted text. Is there a way to do this with a "Custom Calculation script"? Or any other way.

Here is a video walk through of what I'm looking at. https://youtu.be/xnp6jht1o0Y

This is a copy of what is in the Excel cell

In cell.PNG

This is how I'm trying to get the Mail Merge to output.

Mail merge output.PNG

I'm stumped. Is there a way to do this? 

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

HTML in my database. How do you mail merge it?

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to do a mail merge from an excel file. One of the cells contains HTML tags. I want the tags rendered during the mail merge so the the output is formatted text. Is there a way to do this with a "Custom Calculation script"? Or any other way.

Here is a video walk through of what I'm looking at. https://youtu.be/xnp6jht1o0Y

This is a copy of what is in the Excel cell

In cell.PNG

This is how I'm trying to get the Mail Merge to output.

Mail merge output.PNG

I'm stumped. Is there a way to do this? 

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 16, 2017 0
try67 LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This could be possible, if the HTML tags were converted into Rich Text spans, but it is a very complex task.

I've done something similar in the past, but using my own XML tags. If you're interested in hiring someone to do it for you (for a fee), feel free to contact me privately at try6767 at gmail.com to discuss it further.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 16, 2017 0