• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am looking for a sample of exchanging data using SOAP with a live WSDL.

Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking to create a form data exchange to create a new PDF with the imported data, add pages from a PDF repository.  I can build the PDF and prepare it for distribution but the data exchange with SOAP is a whole new world.  I had used ADBC within our network and it worked great.  I am working with our programmer who has already set up the WSDL.  I am just looiking for a solid example of how to connect, request, receive and populate PDF. I believe a web page that managed the front end would work as well - Get the data and open and work with an existing PDF form.  I have downloaded the Acrobat SDK but I haven't found a SOAP exchange sample in the mix.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use SOAP from Javascript or a plug-in. Do NOT assume anything will work in the free Reader; budget for Acrobat for everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

You should be able to use some code similar to below, depending on your wsdl, there will be changes.

// Start Of Code

// This is a service that converts the number to words - e.g. '100' becomes ' One Hundred'

service = Net.SOAP.connect("http://www.dataaccess.com/webservicesserver/numberconversion.wso?WSDL");

var result = null;

try{

//the following line makes the web service call, which takes one parameter 'ubiNum' the number to convert.

result = service.NumberToWords('<ubiNum>' + cResponse + '</ubiNum>');

}catch(e){

app.alert("ERROR: There was a problem making the web service call to the web method" + e);  //error goes to message box

}

this.getField("TranslatedText").value = result;

}

// EOC

Please note: as this is a webcall, there may be a dialog that displays asking for permission to access the wsdl location.

Hope this helps

Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines