• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I bought Acrobat DC Pro from Best Buy. I received a redemption code and located my serial number. When I try to install Acrobat I am told I am using and invalid serial number. Help!

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2016 Jul 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought Acrobat DC Pro from Best Buy.  I received a redemption code and located my serial number.  When I try to install Acrobat I am told I am using an invalid serial number.  What do I do now?  Help!

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 04, 2016 Jul 04, 2016

Hi mlhightree ,

Please visit this link :Redemption code help .

Let us know if you face any issue.

Thank You!

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 04, 2016 Jul 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mlhightree ,

Please visit this link :Redemption code help .

Let us know if you face any issue.

Thank You!

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried these links and it still says invalid code

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you buy the student version? Does the best buy package use the words "redemption code", or does it use "serial number" or does it use "product code" or something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I bought the full retail version and it only had a card with instructions to login to adobe register the redemption code to get the serial number for installing. My computer doesn’t have a CD-ROM drive so I was attempting to download the installer and needed the serial number. Bestbuy gives you a serial number when purchasing but it’s invalid also

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, you may have downloaded the wrong installer, there are several similar ones. Is this package described as "Acrobat Pro 2017", as "Acrobat Pro 2015" or somethnig else? Mac or Windows?

I don't think I understand that best buy gave you a serial number yet you're trying to use a redemption code. Did you get both of these inside the same package?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased 2017 adobe acrobat pro. I didn’t find the installer for it just the 2015 version. The package only had the redemption code inside. The paperwork from bestbuy listed a serial number neither of which works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can’t use the 2015 product instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the Acrobat 2017 (permanent license) installer files:  

Download Acrobat 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AND we are right back to the start. No serial number to install with. The redemption code which was in a sealed adobe acrobat 2017 Pro box (provided by adobe) does not work therefore the installer will not install. the code issues the serial number. Clearly this model is not working well for adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going to back to BEST Buy and they will either install this or take this software back as I have no more time for this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually never heard of redemption code failing. I assume you are trying it from INSIDE your account details on http://www.adobe.com/, not when it asks for a serial number.... that's all I can think of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course I am following the very little directions given. I see threads all through this forum where the code fails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro a few years ago from Challenger. I'm now migrating from my old laptop to the new laptop. When I tried to install the disk into the new laptop with serial no. It says that the serial no. is invalid. Please advise. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting to install Adobe Pro XI onto a new mac computer and it keeps telling me that my serial number is invalid. Can anyone help? I've deactivated it on my old computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the exact text of the error message? Did you purchase the application directly from Adobe? If not, did you register it with them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought the software from amazon uk. I cannot remember many details as this was 2014 but I believe it was registered properly. At least the software was working properly with the activated serial number since

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The exact message is:

Invalid Serial Number. This is not a valid serial number.

Please go back and re-enter your serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a big difference between it being registered properly and it working (or even activating). If it was registered under your name then it should be a valid product. In that case your best chance is to contact Adobe Customer Care directly and sort this issue with them.

If you never registered it and it's now reporting the serial number is not valid then if you bought it from a reputable seller you should ask them to sort out the problem or refund you. If they refuse report them to Amazon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to install Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2015 release on my surface. I have the CD-ROM, but no CD drive, so I am trying to install via the website. After downloading the installer, I enter the serial number clearly indicated on the package and get an error message "Invalid Serial Number." The license I have was for MacOS. Can it be transferred to my surface?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, it can't be transferred. Based on past experience you might be able to upgrade to DC 2017 and switch platform. You MUST go through Adobe sales, you can't do this online or through resellers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines