• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot digitally sign PDFs

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, recently I was forced to change to Adobe DC at work.  We create PDF forms via Word that require digital signatures from various people within the company on a daily basis.  I used to be able to sign them without issue and even when I first installed DC, I could sign them.  Not today however.  And by sign, I am not referring to adding a scanned jpg of my actual signature or scribbling an X with my mouse.  I'm talking about digital ID files.  I can create a new file any time I want, but I just cannot use it.  When I click on the "Fill & Sign" button, the "Request Signatures" button is active, but the "Sign Yourself" button is greyed out.  Other people can sign the exact same PDF file.  I can't.  Any ideas?

TOPICS
How to , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Apr 22, 2016 Apr 22, 2016

Hi Brad Qualls,

Could you please let us know the adobe application you are using and also the OS version on your system?

To digitally sign a document you need to select the certificates option from Tools.

You can navigate to tools pane and type " Certificates" in the search box. And then select "digital sign" option .

Please refer this article : Digital IDs in Acrobat DC  and  Certificate-based signatures, Adobe Acrobat DC

Let us know if this helps.

Regards

Sarojini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out.

As you are trying to add the digital signature, you do not require the Fill & Sign tool. The signature field in the form is the reason why "Sign yourself" is greyed out. If the field is already added in the form, you can simply click on the field to add the signature.

If there is no form field in the form, use the following steps to digitally sign the PDF.

1. Open the PDF in Acrobat.

2. Go to Tools > Certificates > Digitally Sign.

Let us know if you nee

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do I do if I don't want to scrawl my signature on the line - I'd rather use the digital signature that's already saved in Acrobat Pro DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2013 Oct 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem. I have recd a pdf file (as an email attachement)which needs to be digitally signed by me,signing is allowed I have checked that on the security settings, I can click on tools, sign,comment etc. , but when i click on sign it shows three options, the first being I need to sign when i click on this it gets expanded but all the options like add text, add checkmark,place initials and place signature are greyed out.

When i click edit>preferences>signatures>identities and trust certificates (more) I can see my digital signature which i need to place on the pdf file right there.

Please help. It is urgent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PDF document. I can fill into this document without any issues and save it. However, when I try to sign it, the top section "Sign Yourself" is grayed out. Could you please advise? Thank you.

PDF 0306.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @J28744090uxo0 

Thanks for sharing the screenshot.

It seems like all the signing options are disabled for the form. If it's a fillable form, then please check the following details:

1- If you have the signature filed assigned already.

2- Check whether the form was filled and saved earlier. And after reopening, its signing feature is greyed out.

3- Check the document properties and see whether you have enabled the Signing properties.

Open document>Ctrl+d>document properties> Security>Signing allowed or not.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have an issue regarding digital signatures that I really need a solution too...

I have created a document in inDesign & used the 'Prepare From' functionality which worked really well, however, I can't seem to get it to work on other devices, ie; PC's, this document is going to be hosted on a clients website & needs to be signed by people on various devices. I'm not looking to sign this myself. I need to be able to find a solution that allows the document to be signed by anyone on different devices, whether that's a tablet or a desktop device. Do you know if this is possible?

Thanks

Toby

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2023 Jul 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi !
       First Step : click ctrl + p  to print the pdf and save it as a new pdf.
      Second Step : Open the newly saved pdf and now you can sign it .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2023 Aug 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You!!  This was the simplest and most fool-proof method to accomplish this.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Open Acrobat on its own, not by opening a document.

2. Edit > Preferences > Signatures > Verification > More...
-Uncheck 'Verify signatures when the document is opened.
-Under 'Verififcation Behavior', select 'Always use the default method'.
-Under 'Verififcation Information', select 'Never'.
-click OK

3. Edit > Preferences > Signatures > Creation & Appearance > More...
- Uncheck 'use modern uder interface'.

4. Exit Acrobat

Open your PDF and use Tools > Certificates > Digitally sign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to place the logo and stamp it on pff and seal it using code or
using APIs any suggested way to do this.

KARTHIK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem but the solution offered does not help. Is there a way to downvote the solution. There needs to be a downvote so you can see how bad your answers are. Feedback is a good thing. I really hate having to sign Adobe products digitally because the process fails continually. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines