I ham using a combo Box is their a way to conditional format the back based off the selection

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a combo box a shift scheduling layout

is there a way to have the value displayed with just a letter after the selection is made

For example, the Combo Box options are Sick, Vacation, Comp time, Bereavement, Military, and so forth

So if the selected item is Bereavement can it display B or vacation a V ect.

Space is limited, so just an initial would be sufficient  I have explained to the bosses that we can just use the initials, to begin with, but they don't believe an individual would remember that S stood for Sick Leave and a C stood for Comp time

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

I ham using a combo Box is their a way to conditional format the back based off the selection

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a combo box a shift scheduling layout

is there a way to have the value displayed with just a letter after the selection is made

For example, the Combo Box options are Sick, Vacation, Comp time, Bereavement, Military, and so forth

So if the selected item is Bereavement can it display B or vacation a V ect.

Space is limited, so just an initial would be sufficient  I have explained to the bosses that we can just use the initials, to begin with, but they don't believe an individual would remember that S stood for Sick Leave and a C stood for Comp time

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 16, 2017 0
Valorous Hero ,
Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of Javascript, couldn't a description bring the valuable information ?

Capture d’écran 2017-12-17 à 17.46.18.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 17, 2017 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I need to do something like this, I use a pop-up menu instead, along with a text field. You can use a button, either visible and placed next to the text field, or invisible and placed in the same location as the text field, to trigger the app.popUpMenuEx (or app.popUpMenu) script, which populates the text field with the letter corresponding to the selected item. Post again if you'd like help with the script.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 17, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's more info on Acrobat UI devices, including the popup menu George mentions, which is an excellent way to go:

Alerts, Popups, and Other Devices for Interacting with the User

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 17, 2017 1