• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have Acrobat 9 Pro. I cannot change the opacity setting for text created by the typewriter tool. It fades all text out after typing. Help!!!

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2016 Apr 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobat 9 Pro. I cannot change the opacity setting for text created by the typewriter tool. It fades all text out after typing. Help!!!

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 16, 2016 Apr 16, 2016

It is included in the Windows registry, which you can edit with the registry editor. Before you do anything that I suggest below, you should become familiar with the Windows registry and the problems that can occur when editing it. You will find this discussed many places on the net, for example: What is Registry Editor? - Windows Help

You can launch the registry editor by doing the following in Windows:

Start > Run > type "regedit" > OK > Yes (when prompted to allow changes)

You should see a left

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Acrobat 9 is an older and unsupported version .

I hope this is not due to an an incompatible OS.

Regards

Sukrit Dhingra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2016 Apr 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 7 on my computer, and it used to work just fine, but in the last few months this “fade out” started.

Geoff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this old thread for something you can try: Typewriter Tool's Text color is no longer black

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2016 Apr 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I saw this yesterday, but didn’t know where or how to look for this “file”(?)

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\7.0\Annots\cAnnots\cFreeText_003aFreeTextTypewriter

Geoff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2016 Apr 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is included in the Windows registry, which you can edit with the registry editor. Before you do anything that I suggest below, you should become familiar with the Windows registry and the problems that can occur when editing it. You will find this discussed many places on the net, for example: What is Registry Editor? - Windows Help

You can launch the registry editor by doing the following in Windows:

Start > Run > type "regedit" > OK > Yes (when prompted to allow changes)

You should see a left and right hand panel and you'll want to navigate to the registry entry as shown below:

TypewriterAcrobatRegistry.png

If there is an entry for "dopacity" in the panel on the right in the Name column, you should see that it has a value (Data column) less than 1. You can either change it to 1, or remove the dopacity key altogether.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

George,

I'm having the same problem with typing greying out in Acrobat 9 but I am a Mac user; can you help me on this too?

Many thanks -

Richard

rkampfe@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines