• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'm teaching myself how to use Acrobat 2017. I don't know a bit about Java, NEED HELP!

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm making a pdf that is beyond my basic knowledge of Adobe writer.  I have a few things that I need to add or fix, but I just don't know how to. ** means it's priority

**-Paste a dollar amount from other programs into the [Wire Fee] and [Payoff Amount] fields. It just makes a ringing noise when i try

**- An action that prompts a completed form to save to a specific file with the [Loan #] as the pdf name. 

**-A Reset option after the doc is saved

**-I keep setting the order I want my fields to progress to, but it seems like it keeps resetting to a default order, line one, left to right.

** -I have no idea how to turn this into an Adobe Reader form for others to use and not mess with my formating.

**-The[-Per Diem] Calculation reads "Nan" with the calculation I have set up: [Days Per Diem] ("h" Format category is: None, 2 character max ) equals [Overage] "f" divided by [Per Diem] "g" ("f" & "g" both have format category Number, 2 decimal $). Currently [-Per Diem] field's Calculate property is: Simplified field notation: f/g 

- [LOC Authorization] required if the [Line of Credit] box is checked

- If the Overage Check has a value filled, Branch # is required

- Auto fill today's date

I'd be happy to get feed back on any of these!  Thank you!

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Info: Acrobat uses Javascript, not Java.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As mentioned, it's JavaScript, not Java. To answer your specific questions:

**-Paste a dollar amount from other programs into the [Wire Fee] and [Payoff Amount] fields. It just makes a ringing noise when i try

You can't do that with a script. If you mean doing it manually, make sure you're pasting a pure number, ie without the currency symbol, or even the thousands separators.

**- An action that prompts a completed form to save to a specific file with the [Loan #] as the pdf name.

That requires installing a script on the local machine of each user. See: https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/how-save-pdf-acrobat-javascript

**-A Reset option after the doc is saved

That's a bad idea. Why would you want to reset the file after it's saved? What's the purpose behind it?

**-I keep setting the order I want my fields to progress to, but it seems like it keeps resetting to a default order, line one, left to right.

Do you mean the tab order? If so, go to Edit - Preferences - Forms and make sure that "Automatically adjust tab order..." is NOT ticked.

** -I have no idea how to turn this into an Adobe Reader form for others to use and not mess with my formating.

You don't need to do anything special to achieve that, assuming the users are not stuck with an ancient version of Reader.

**-The[-Per Diem] Calculation reads "Nan" with the calculation I have set up: [Days Per Diem] ("h" Format category is: None, 2 character max ) equals [Overage] "f" divided by [Per Diem] "g" ("f" & "g" both have format category Number, 2 decimal $). Currently [-Per Diem] field's Calculate property is: Simplified field notation: f/g

This typically happens when you divide by zero, which results in Infinity, ie Not A Number. You have to use a script and check that the divisor is not empty (or zero) before doing this operation.

- [LOC Authorization] required if the [Line of Credit] box is checked

You can do that with a Mouse Up script on the check-box:

this.getField("LOC Authorization").required = (event.target.value!="Off");

- If the Overage Check has a value filled, Branch # is required

See above. Use this code as the Validation script for "Overage Check":

this.getField("Branch #").required = (event.value!="");

- Auto fill today's date

You can do that using this code:
this.getField("Today").value = util.printd("mm/dd/yyyy", new Date());

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines