• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need to set a PDF file limit to be 5 MB. Is there a way to create this restriction? Is there a code I can insert into the actual uploads icon to set individual attachment file size limits?

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to set a PDF file limit to be 5 MB. Is there a way to create this restriction? Is there a code I can insert into the actual uploads icon to set individual attachment file size limits in Adobe Acrobat Reader.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible to include a check of the file's size before submitting it. But is the file being submitting from within it (using a Submit button, for example), or is it being uploaded to a web-site?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its being uploaded to a website and the file size limit is 5 MB. Users are uploading files into our interactive PDF at no limit, currently. We hope to set restrictions directly into the interactive PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can set a file-size limit in your HTML page. There's no need to have a double-check... Inside the PDF file it's more difficult to implement such a control because the file-size doesn't change until you actually save the file, so someone can attach multiple files, click the "Validate File Size" button and get a positive reply, but then when they actually save the file it will go beyond 5MB and the web-site won't accept it, which is annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines