• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I want to enter the time, but I want the colon to automatically appear so I dont have to type it in all the time

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2016 Jun 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to enter a time in a field, but I want the system to automatically put in the colon.  Example:  I enter 830 and the system enters 8:30

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 14, 2016 Jun 14, 2016

The mask I provided should work. You need to enter it without the quotes, of course...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under Format, select Special, Arbitrary Mask and then enter "99:99". It will add the colon automatically when you enter the time, but you'll always have to enter four digits. Also, it won't validate that what you enter is a valid time (ie, you could enter "98:76")...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, this did not work.  I did some more digging.  Under format, Arbitrary Mask, enter 99:\99.

You must always enter 4 digits.  Therefore 0830 shows as 08:30.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The mask I provided should work. You need to enter it without the quotes, of course...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm doing exactly this, and it works fine on desktop adobe the way you described. on IOS apps (not adobe expert), it doesnt work. Is there any other way to work around it to get it to work as advertised on iOS pdf reader app that isnt adobe expert? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unlikely, no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines