I want to use the 'this.createDataObject' and this.exportDataObject' on Acrobar Reader DC.

Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I used the following javascript , It was displaed "NotAllowedError".

- this.createDataObject('output.csv', "TEST");

- this.exportDataObject({ cName:'output.csv', nLaunch:'2'});

I am looking many web-site , I find that I must buy something option.

Is it right ?

What should I buy just to do this?

Or

Are there anyway to do this ?

Best Regards.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

I want to use the 'this.createDataObject' and this.exportDataObject' on Acrobar Reader DC.

Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I used the following javascript , It was displaed "NotAllowedError".

- this.createDataObject('output.csv', "TEST");

- this.exportDataObject({ cName:'output.csv', nLaunch:'2'});

I am looking many web-site , I find that I must buy something option.

Is it right ?

What should I buy just to do this?

Or

Are there anyway to do this ?

Best Regards.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 25, 2017 0
Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use exportDataObject in Reader, but not createDataObject, unless a very special type of right is applied to the file using the LiveCycle Rights Management application (I believe).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2017 1
Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear

Thank you for your quick reply.

If you know please advice us.

I want to use two functions for export the text-comment to a text file or csv file.

Do you know how to do it ? Do we need LiveCycle Rights Management ?

My first code was :var fileName = this.documentFileName.replace(/\.[^.]+$/, '');
this.createDataObject(fileName+".csv", "TEST Comment");

this.exportDataObject(fileName+".csv");

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2017 0
Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't help you further with this issue. You'll need to contact Adobe directly to find out the price for this service.
Expect it to be pretty steep...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2017 0
Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue? did it work for you? any workaround?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2017 0
Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Try as stated, you cannot export a custom CSV file from Reader to the user's file system with JavaScript alone. Acrobat JavaScript is heavily restricted for security reasons, and Reader is restricted even more because it's a Reader.

If you want to do this you need to get Acrobat Std/Pro or use an indirect method,

Here are a couple of ides for indirect methods:

1. A VB/VBA program that uses the Acrobat IAC to call JavaScript functions for building and returning the CSV text. Then the VB program can write to disk, or if for example, it's a VBA script in Excel, it could just fill out a spreadsheet.

2. Submit the CSV data to a server script which saves the data on a server, in Google Sheets for example, or returns HTML to display the CSV data.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2017 1