I would like for a field to fill with a certain number in response to another field being filled with a certain text as follows:

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when the Chemical Name field is chosen from a drop down the index field would fill with the correct Index number for that chemical. How could this be done? I'm a newbie so explain where and how to make this work on the PDF form.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

I would like for a field to fill with a certain number in response to another field being filled with a certain text as follows:

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when the Chemical Name field is chosen from a drop down the index field would fill with the correct Index number for that chemical. How could this be done? I'm a newbie so explain where and how to make this work on the PDF form.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 01, 2017 0
try67 LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set the index number as the export value of each item in your drop-down and then you would be able to use a simple calculation script to populate the text field with it. The script would be:

event.value = this.getField("Chemical Name").value;

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 01, 2017 0