• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

If there is only one bookmark then I need to delete it.

Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a folder of files having over 8-10 thousand pdf file on it.... most of these files has only one bookmark on them but maybe around 1000 of them has multiple bookmark on them...

I need to split these files into separate file using top level bookmarks. Problem/bug that Adobe Pro split function has, is that for all those files with one book mark it creates duplicate file for it.... i.e. there is a file called A.pdf with one single bookmark on it called BM.  Now when I ran the Split function to split it using top level bookmark, it creates another file called A_Part1.pdf in the same folder now in the same folder I have two identical file called A.pdf & A_Part1.pdf.  I do not need duplicate file with two different name.  I need to stop this duplication of file... if there is only one Bookmark then splitting operation should be skipped so I only have one file in the folder called A.pdf or if it creates A_Part1.pdf then it should delete the original file if there are no pages/zero left on the Original file.

Can Adobe fix this bug or somebody help me to over come this dilemma?

Regards,

MR...

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

You can use this code to do it:

if (this.bookmarkRoot.children!=null && this.bookmarkRoot.children.length==1)

this.bookmarkRoot.children[0].remove();

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can use this code to do it:

if (this.bookmarkRoot.children!=null && this.bookmarkRoot.children.length==1)

this.bookmarkRoot.children[0].remove();

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines