Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In Acrobat X Pro Horizontal Lines Appear after Recognizing Text

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2016 Mar 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I have searched for this issue and see a couple of entries, but neither of the discussions solved my problem. I take a document that is already a PDF and try to use the "Recognize Text" feature so that I can copy text and paste it into other documents. The feature works, straightens the pages, and makes the text copyable, but it inserts horizontal lines throughout the document.   I have tried everything from different ways to save the document, to canceling "clean up" etc. I don't have a "pre-flight" in my version of Acrobat X Pro, but have tried all the choices in the "Action Wizard" and I also have tried "Optimizing" the document before character recognition, but it still does it.

Anyone ever finally solved this problem?

Thanks for any help.

Jeff

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue.  I however, do have the pre-flight in my version and it does not fix the problem.  Wondering if there is a fix at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are using an older version of Acrobat. So I suggest you, please use the trial version of latest Acrobat DC- https://acrobat.adobe.com/in/en/free-trial-download.html. Also, you will have an option while installing Acrobat DC that it won't impact your installed version of Acrobat 11 or Acrobat 10.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines