Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Info window with opening the form

Contributor ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello to the community,
Have created a form and would like it to open an info window with the form where a certain info text is.
Close info window manually or automatically after 5 seconds.
How can I do this with Acrobat DC (2015 Clasic / Version 2015.006.30527) or would it be possible with Java script?
If so, please include the code. OS is Windows 10 (2004).

Any idea / help how I could do it is welcome 🙂

Thx in Advance

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Here's a link that covers how to enter a document-level script, which will work for single or multipage forms: https://www.pdfscripting.com/public/Document-Level-Scripts.cfm

Go to the section "Entering/Editing Document Scripts" to see how to enter one. When you add a new one, Acrobat will supply an empty function, which you should delete and then enter the code I showed earlier. You would of course add your own text. When you save the document, close it, and reopen, it will display the message

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you want the info window to be displayed each time the document is opened, or something else? If it's a single page form, the simplest is probably to use the following JavaScript in the Page Open event:

// Page Open JavaScript
app.alert("Info text goes here.\r\rThis is a new line.", 3, 0);

For multi-page forms, you'd place the code in a document-level JavaScript that executes when the form is opened. Post again if you need help with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that's what I'm looking for 🙂
I think ... because I'm a beginner, I can even do everything wrong with the question 🙂

Where can I put this script in?
don't even know the steps, have Acrobat DC (2015 Clasic / Version 2015.006.30527). I only know how it could go with a text field, but now with the open, how?
Could you describe the steps to me? ... would help me a lot.

Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a link that covers how to enter a document-level script, which will work for single or multipage forms: https://www.pdfscripting.com/public/Document-Level-Scripts.cfm

Go to the section "Entering/Editing Document Scripts" to see how to enter one. When you add a new one, Acrobat will supply an empty function, which you should delete and then enter the code I showed earlier. You would of course add your own text. When you save the document, close it, and reopen, it will display the message, and clicking the OK button will close the message window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your effort and patience.

I think it could work that way.

Will be able to try it on Monday.

Have a nice day / night

Niko
laos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines