• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive form field for image on Microsoft Surface and iPad

Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made a simple form in acrobat with text fields and two fields for an image to be added by the end user. When this is viewed on a microsoft surface or Ipad, the image field does not open a dialogue box to attach an image.

Any suggestions

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

I've just tested the image field on both Adobe Mobile Reader and PDF Expert.

* Adobe Mobile Reader - Image Field is not supported

* PDF Expert - Image Field works.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

The Surface can be thought of as a particularly light Windows laptop. But it has a touch screen and might have no keyboard. So things can get complicated if your end user wants to use it without a keyboard, and the software isn't smart enough for that. There's also a special screen pen, the same applies. So you need to check expectations.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In which version of Acrobat Pro did you created this PDF with?

Was it created with another application (i.e. MS Word for mac?) other than Adobe Acrobat and then exported to PDF?

Also, What PDF viewer(s) are you using in iPad and MS Surface Pro to open this file with?

However, you've mentioned that you created two image fields. Are you referring to the "Image Field" object that is accessed trhough the "Prepare Form" toolbar when editing your PDF with Acrobat Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Laid out in Indesign 15.1.1 and the Image fields added in Acrobat DC 20, action on 'Mouse Down'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The important question is which viewer did you use on the mobile devices?  I do not believe that the Adobe Mobile Reader supports importing an image. However, I do beleive that PDF Expert from Readdle does. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just tested the image field on both Adobe Mobile Reader and PDF Expert.

* Adobe Mobile Reader - Image Field is not supported

* PDF Expert - Image Field works.

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloading as I'm typing, I need an answer for the windows surface, I dont believe PDF Expert is available for it.

The client has Acrobat touch installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Touch is obsolete, and was a very basic app. Just use Acrobat Reader DC for the Surface. Unless it's a really old Surface running Windows RT, or is locked to Windows S. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that, I'll see if my client candownload - no knowledge of her Surface at all.

thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Surface can be thought of as a particularly light Windows laptop. But it has a touch screen and might have no keyboard. So things can get complicated if your end user wants to use it without a keyboard, and the software isn't smart enough for that. There's also a special screen pen, the same applies. So you need to check expectations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines