• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iOS compatible custom calculation scripts

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently learned that iOS Adobe Acrobat does not handle custom calculation scripts very well (credit - Thom Parker). I am looking for a solution for the following on iOS:

Date of birth date picker in the format of YYYY-MM-DD but parsed to three separate text boxes: BOX1: YYYY, BOX2: MM, BOX3: DD. I would also need a regular date picker that could convert lets say 2020-04-21 to three textbox ( eg. BOX1: 21, BOX2: April, BOX3: 2020)). I have been using util.scand and util.printd for desktop Acrobat for this which works great but does not work on mobile.

Thanks in advance

Louis

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your best bet on iOS is to use a different PDF viewer, one that has more support for JavaScript, such a Readdle's PDF Expert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply however it will not be possible to install additional third party viewers. These are business phones and our IT policies will not allow it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's nothing we can do for you... We can't implement JS methods that don't exist in the application. Only Adobe can do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Louis,

I also am having this exact issue. It appears that the util.scand and util.printd methods do not work in Readdle's PDF expert either. Did you get anywhere?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines