• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is a drag-and-drop function in a PDF-Form possible?

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi together,

I have a PDF-Form and there some objects become visible or invisible with checkboxes. This works very fine and is not so hard to realise. But after I make a object (e.g. a picture form element) visible I want to move the object with a drag-and-drop-function.

Is this possible with JavaScript in Acrobat DC?

Thanks for your help

Thorsten

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Acrobat Javascript you can change the position of form fields (property rect).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo Bernd,

da du eine deutsche Flagge als Symbol hast, schreibe ich jetzt einfach mal auf Deutsch.

Die Eigenschaft "rect" ist aber doch keine drag-and-drop Funktion? Ich meine wirklich, das der User das Objekt anklickt, im Mousdown Zustand das Objekt verschiebt und irgendwo loslässt und damit neu positioniert.

Im Web ist dies mit unterstützung von Bibliotheksfunktionen sehr gut möglich, aber in Acrobat habe ich das noch nicht gemacht.

Gruß

Thorsten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need Javascript.

In Adobe Acrobat use Tools > Prepare Form

There you can select and drag form fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bernd,

I think this is a misunderstanding. I don't mean the drag-and-drop-function by creating a PDF-Form.

I speak about a drag-and-drop-function if a user fills out the form and in this process the user make an object visible by clicking a checkbox. This works pretty well. After fade-in the object the user should change the position of this object by drag-and-drop.

Greetings

Thorsten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bernd,

thanks for you help. Now I'm a little bit afflicted . But if it's not possible it's not possible.

Greeting

Thorsten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the object is an image, checking the box can pop up a dialog to instruct the user as to how to paste the image into the PDF. The image becomes a custom stamp that the user can then move and scales as needed. For other objects, you can use JavaScript to add an annotation that they can then drag around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines