• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is acrobat the right program for this project, and how do I implement this? (Details below)

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking to upgrade work documents. There's a lot of paperwork to fill out, sometimes repeating the same information multiple times. One aspect is that we have to lookup data on an embedded excel sheet that works kind of like a book. Column A = book title, B=Page, C=paragraph D=sentence and each row is a sentence. Is there a way to "attach" an excel sheet to adobe, and somehow write a program or format it so it will auto populate the D column if given the Columns A-C and they are all in the same row? 
I have heard Indesign might be a suitable program to make this, but still don't know how to implement it. I really don't want to make a matrix in java with all the data because there are THOUSANDS of columns. Any help is appreciated. 

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

You can place an Excel table into InDesign as a link and then update the link with the information changes in Excel. You need to format the table in InDesign using Styles for the paragraphs (text), cells, and the table.

You've asked in the Acrobat forum, though. Shall I move this thread to the InDesign forum?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you think that program is much better to accomplish the task, yes please! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines