• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to add a Javascript so that a user cannot digitally sign unless all required fields are completed?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to add a Javascript so that a user cannot digitally sign unless all required fields are completed?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only by hiding the signature field until all the required fields are filled in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... or setting it to read-only until the required fields are filled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joel

How could I set it to read-only until the required fields are filled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Try67

How could I go about hiding the signature field until all the required fields are completed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you not use something like this - Creating a conditional action with multiple required fields

If you set your signature field to hidden or readonly in the UI so when the user opens the document there is no signature field.

The only bit you might want to add to be save is an 'else' to make sure your signature field gets hidden again if the user changes any fields so they are not filled in.

// code shown for hiding and showing a signature field called "mySignatureField".

if(bAllFilled)

{

this.getField("mySignatureField").display = display.visible;

}

else

{

this.getField("mySignatureField").display = display.hidden;

}

Regards

Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Malcolm

Thanks for getting back to me. I changed the name of the digital signature field to mySignatureField and added the below script but its not working. Is there something else I need to added to the script?

if(bAllFilled)

{

}

else

{

this.getField("mySignatureField").display = display.hidden

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

you also need the script from the forum post I linked too, my script was just an addition to that script.

Regards

Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Malcolm

I followed the instructions on the link. I created a hidden field on the form and added the below script but its bringing up an error message?

var emptyFields = [];

for (var i=0; i<this.numFields; i++) {

var f= this.getField(this.getNthFieldName(i));

if (f.type!="button" && f.required ) {

if ((f.type=="text" && f.valueAsString=="") || (f.type=="checkbox" && f.value=="Off")) emptyFields.push(f.name);
     }
}
if (emptyFields.length>0) {
     app.alert("Error! You must fill in the following fields:\n" + emptyFields.join("\n"));
}
f.valueAsString==""
0=="";
var aFields = ["Start Date", "Name", "Status", "Job Title","Person Type","HR Manager","Manager","Working Hours","start","Finish","Pro Day","Pro Mont","Note Day","Note Mont","Evac Site","Roster","Softworks Dept","Currency","Salary","Sal Basis","Sal Year","Per","Per F","Company Car","Car Allowance","Fuel Card","Fuel Allowance","PlanType","LocalBonus","Sub Plan","Annual Target","Target Amount","Charged Segment","Healthcare","Local Healthcare","Life Insurance","Overtime","Employee","Employer","Organisation","BU Overide","Department Headcount","Location","Payroll1","Assign Category","Job Code","Apprenticeship","Location120","Account","Cost Centre","Product Line","Interco","Future","dropdown1","dropdown2","dropdown3","Safety","TTMS Module","Non-Majority","Badge/Fob","Internet","Laptop",];

var bAllFilled = true;

for(var i=0;i<aFields.length;i++)

{
    var oFld = this.getField(aFields);
     if(oFld.value == oFld.defaultValue)
     {
          bAllFilled = false;
          break;
      }
}
if(bAllFilled)
{
if(bAllFilled)
{
}
else
{

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

add a } at the end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are other issues with the code. Namely, it's an amalgam of two ways of doing it, one that checks all requires fields in the file and one that checks specific fields, defined in a list. It doesn't make sense to use both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Try67

Forgive me I'm not good with JavaScripts. Which section would you remove?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That depends on how you want it to work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Try67

In the signature field I have:

a section of the file being locked after approval

an error message to advise the user of any required fields that are not completed.

and the script in question.

I just want:

a section of the file being locked after approval

the user to be unable to add their digital signature until all required fields are completed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't do that from the Signed event, as at that point the field is already signed. But that was not really my question. I asked whether you want to validate all the required fields in the file before being able to sign the field, or just the fields from a list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to validate all the required fields before the user can sign the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just removing unneeded code from the posts above, this goes through all fields in the document and only checks the fields that are required.

var emptyFields = [];

if (f.type!="button" && f.required ) {

if ((f.type=="text" && f.valueAsString=="") || (f.type=="checkbox" && f.value=="Off")) emptyFields.push(f.name);

}

}

if (emptyFields.length>0) {

app.alert("Error! You must fill in the following fields:\n" + emptyFields.join("\n"));

}

else

{

}

As you have a dialog being shown it would be best to add this to something the user triggers, such as a "Check Form" button.

Regards

Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then use this code as the custom calculation script of a (hidden) text field:

var allFilled = true;

if (f.type!="button" && f.required && f.valueAsString==f.defaultValue) {

allFilled = false;

break;

}

}

this.getField("mySignatureField").display = (allFilled) ? display.visible : display.hidden;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Try67 and BarlaeDC

I'm noticing now when the user enters their signature it becomes invisible and I can't do see it.

Is there a way to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to set the signature fields to lock all the other fields. It's also possible to change the code above to only execute when the signature field is not signed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2019 May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Try67

I have now set the signature fields to the other required fields. How do I change the code to only execute when the signature field is not signed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2019 May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add this condition around your current code:

if (this.getField("mySignatureField").value==null) {

// current code goes here

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try67 BarlaeDC Bernd Alheit

Guys I'm sorry to bother you again.

I've had the form tested and when I select the confirm button its asking the user to go back and complete fields that aren't required and its missing fields that are required.

Is there any way I can fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines