• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is the Reference code for automating a PDF Document to create a new document by using Visual C#.

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone point me in the right direction? I'm looking for code to automate a PDF Document to create a new document by using Visual C#. I am using a PC, Visual Studio 17 and C# . I am able to do this with Microsoft Word Document but would rather us adobe. I have Adobe Arcade Pro and Adobe Creative

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this for

- personal use on your own workstation as an interactive tool

- personal use in a background task (not networked)

- use by other people who will each have Acrobat Pro

- use by other people without Acrobat Pro

- use on a web server to deliver PDF on demand

- something else

-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The application will be used just by me with my Adobe arcade pro account and will not be a Web application.  Just need the ability to write my report in my  Desktop application and  when ready the able to view and edit my report and PDF form with my text and pictures Inserted into there pre determenad  locations on the document.  This would allow me to utilize all the features that adobe arcade pro has to offer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, do you always want to make this new document from a Word document that you have already saved? Or something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I would like to just use Adobe . I just need to make 1PDF template and be able to reference in my code where my text in pictures will be inserted . From there I can save that report and  Use that same template for the next report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be much harder than using Word. It’s sometimes done on servers for performance reasons (but not with Acrobat). If you want to do it with Acrobat you would need detailed PDF internals knowledge and to write a C++ plugin.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The best way to do this is with form fields.  Text fields for text and buttons for images. You can use the IAC in Acrobat Pro from C# to build the report from your template doc.

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines