• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to create WebBrowser control Window?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to develop a plugin for Acrobat DC using Acrobat DC SDK (using C++ and JavaScript).  One of the requirement is that the plugin need to be able to create
a WebBrowser control Window.  Reviewing “Acrobat DC SDK Documentation”, I did not found any API ( JavaScript for Acrobat API Reference, Acrobat and PDF Library API Reference ) that I can use to create a WebBrowser control Window.  Is there a way to achieve this?

Thank you

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plug-ins have reasonably full access to the platform APIs, provided they use threading in the right way. Tips: your main thread belongs to Acrobat, and you must not run anything that does not return promptly, as Acrobat will hang. Use threads for long running processes. Do NOT, absolutely not, use the Acrobat SDK from any other threads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As TSN mentioned – just use platform APIs to create your WebBrowser window

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Windows platform, I only aware of .NET WebBrowser control, the plugin is C++ that implied call from C++ to managed C#.  Do you have suggestion for C++ API for Windows platform and for MAC OS platform to create WebBrowser control?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can instantiate a web browser instance on either platform using their native APIs – just consult the platform documentation.

OR you can use a 3rd party GUI library such as wxWidgets that includes a web control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

lrosenth and TSN, thank you very much for your suggestions.  I will look into these.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know, but Google suggests CHtmlView.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines