• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Java Script for Form

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to add in proper script for my form in order to calculate certain fields but am running into NaN (Not a number) error codes.

Additionally, I would prefer for all cells to remain blank until filled in and they start to populate. I would also like to format the first three columns in the table as number (currency) and the last one as percentage but am running into additional error codes when doing so.

To my understanding, I need custom calculation script rather than my simplified field notation to ensure I am able to do this but I am not familiar enough with JavaScript to do this myself. I have taken a partial screen shot of the specific table I am talking about below:

I would be looking for the proper JavaScript to put into columns 3 and 4. Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance for your time

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

The basic code for such a calculation would be:

var v1 = Number(this.getField("FieldName1").valueAsString);

var v2 = Number(this.getField("FieldName2").valueAsString);

if (v2==0) event.value = "";

else event.value = v1/v2;

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to do division, by any chance? If so, you have to use a script to make sure the denominator is not empty or zero, as that's an illegal operation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am!

I am looking for the script in column 4 that I would need to, in essence, divide Amount Paid by Employee by Estimated Costs. For the third column I used simplified notation to find the difference between Estimated Costs and Amount of Support Requested but I still get the 0 showing up when nothing else is entered (and I can't format it to number or the last column to percentage without errors coming up).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The basic code for such a calculation would be:

var v1 = Number(this.getField("FieldName1").valueAsString);

var v2 = Number(this.getField("FieldName2").valueAsString);

if (v2==0) event.value = "";

else event.value = v1/v2;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so, so much- I really appreciate it! It worked wonderfully and the form looks great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running into some issues with my chart that I was hoping you could help me with.

When I enter a zero into a cell (for example, if requesting no support putting a 0 in) but it now will not calculate the proper totals for column 3 (amount paid) and column 4 (percent carried). I am thinking it has something to do with the JavaScript.

I have included the chart for your reference below and the proper JavaScript that I can use for columns 3 and 4 would be greatly appreciated. Additionally, if I am able to "lock" the last row as well as column 3 and 4 so that they cannot manually make changes to it (since it should calculate the totals for them) that would be perfect!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A percentage field can't be empty. If you want it to be you have to use a different Format settings, such as None, and apply the percentage value manually.

To "lock" the fields simply set them as read-only, under their Properties, General tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect- the read only worked great.

I am still having issues with the chart though- specifically when entering in a 0 for column 2- for some reason it does not properly calculate the last 2 columns thus impacting the last row's calculations as well.

I had used the following JavaScript to calculate column 3 but am wondering if something is missing:

1. var v1 = Number(this.getField("FieldName1").valueAsString); 
  2. var v2 = Number(this.getField("FieldName2").valueAsString); 
  3. if (v2==0) event.value = ""
  4. else event.value = v1/v2; 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly do you expect to show up there?

It might be easier if you could share the file with us (via Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.)...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ultimately I am looking to calculate:

v1-v2=v3 and v3/v1=v4

However, the difficulty I am having is that I would also like the chart:

- to remain empty when no numbers are input (to avoid NaN errors)

- allow for 0 to be entered for v1 and/or v2 (which currently isn't happening)- when I enter 0 it does not accurately calculate v3 or v4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should work just fine. You just need to make sure that the calculation order is correct.

Under the Simple Field Notation option in the Calculate tab of v3 enter:

v1 - v2

And for v4 use the code I provided, adjusting the field names, of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Will do. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can help you if you are willing to learn to be a programmer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines