• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Javascript for auto populating a text field based on the value from another field.

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a form set up for users to score individuals in 8 categories. At the bottom of the form, I have created a field that adds up all of the previous scores that I'll refer to as TOTAL SCORE. I now want to create a text field that will automatically display certain text (5 possible values) when the value of TOTAL SCORE falls within a certain range.

For example,

If the TOTAL SCORE field is > 16, I want the text box field to automatically populate to say "UNACCEPTABLE".

If the TOTAL SCORE field is between 16-23, I want the text box field to automatically populate to say "NEEDS IMPROVEMENT".

If the TOTAL SCORE field is between 24-31, I want the text box field to automatically populate to say "MEETS REQUIREMENTS".

If the TOTAL SCORE field is between 32-39, I want the text box field to automatically populate to say "EXCEEDS REQUIREMENTS".

If the TOTAL SCORE field is equal to 40, I want the text box field to automatically populate to say "OUTSTANDING".

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Assuming so, you can use this code as the custom calculation script of the field where you want to display the result:

var totalScore = Number(this.getField("TOTAL SCORE").valueAsString);

if (totalScore<16) event.value = "UNACCEPTABLE";

else if (totalScore>=16 && totalScore<=23) event.value = "NEEDS IMPROVEMENT";

else if (totalScore>=24 && totalScore<=31) event.value = "MEETS REQUIREMENTS";

else if (totalScore>=32 && totalScore<=39) event.value = "EXCEEDS REQUIREMENTS";

else if (totalScore==40) event.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the first line, do you mean if TOTAL SCORE is < 16 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming so, you can use this code as the custom calculation script of the field where you want to display the result:

var totalScore = Number(this.getField("TOTAL SCORE").valueAsString);

if (totalScore<16) event.value = "UNACCEPTABLE";

else if (totalScore>=16 && totalScore<=23) event.value = "NEEDS IMPROVEMENT";

else if (totalScore>=24 && totalScore<=31) event.value = "MEETS REQUIREMENTS";

else if (totalScore>=32 && totalScore<=39) event.value = "EXCEEDS REQUIREMENTS";

else if (totalScore==40) event.value = "OUTSTANDING";

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome! Thank you, it's working great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines