javascript identity.login not working

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created an Adobe Acrobat form that has a textbox that retrieves the windows logged in user using JavaScript with identity.login. This works fine when the document is opened with the Adobe Reader. I have uploaded the document to our SharePoint Online. The document now opens in the browser in SharePoint Online, but, fails on retrieving the login of the user. How can I make this work?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Thom Parker | Adobe Community Professional

Did you read the reference entry for the "Identity" object?

Acrobat DC SDK Documentation

This object is protected and requires a privileged context.  There is no way it could have worked in Reader unless, it was in a stamp script.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

javascript identity.login not working

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created an Adobe Acrobat form that has a textbox that retrieves the windows logged in user using JavaScript with identity.login. This works fine when the document is opened with the Adobe Reader. I have uploaded the document to our SharePoint Online. The document now opens in the browser in SharePoint Online, but, fails on retrieving the login of the user. How can I make this work?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Thom Parker | Adobe Community Professional

This object is protected and requires a privileged context.  There is no way it could have worked in Reader unless, it was in a stamp script.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 13, 2017 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you are no longer using Adobe technology. What browser is it? You say it "fails" - what is the failure?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2017 0
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The browser is IE 11. The text box returns Undefined instead of the login, (e.g., abc1). The Adobe PDF Reader plugin is Enabled.

Name:                   Adobe PDF Reader

Publisher:              Adobe Systems, Incorporated

Type:                   ActiveX Control

Architecture:           32-bit and 64-bit

Version:                17.12.20093.238000

File date:              ‎Monday, ‎July ‎31, ‎2017, ‏‎6:31 PM

Date last accessed:     ‎Today, ‎December ‎13, ‎2017, ‏‎5 hours ago

Class ID:               {CA8A9780-280D-11CF-A24D-444553540000}

Use count:              0

Block count:            94

File:                   AcroPDF64.dll

Folder:                 C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2017 0