• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

JavaScript - Multi column list view is not displaying in the correct order on Windows only

Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the multi-column list view (mclv) in a JavaScript dialog to display some records. Before I display the records in the grid I sort them based on a sequence field in each object of the array that populates the grid. On Mac, Acrobat displays the records in the correct order (the order in which they are in the JavaScript array) but on Windows the most recently added object to the array always displays at the top of the grid. I even tried cloning the array by sorting it, stringifying it, then parsing it back into a new JSON array and the result is the same. I know that the multi-column list view ("grid") is an undocumented feature but I'm hoping there is a way to control the display order on Windows.

Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It appears that on Windows, Acrobat automatically sorts the first column of a multi-column list view descending. Does anyone know a way to prevent this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines