Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Javascript not working on adobe acrobat reader dc

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone,

The code below works perfectly on Adobe Acrobat Pro DC,  I'm wondering if there is any way to have this code to work on Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. Any support would be greatly appreciated !

var Field1 = this.getField("Field1").value;

var Field2 = this.getField("Field2").value;

var doc = this.createDataObject({cName: "Your Sequence.txt", cValue: "Please use the sequence from Field1 + " to " + field2});

this.exportDataObject({cName: "Your Sequence.txt", nLaunch:2});

Kind Regards

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creating a data object in Reader requires "file attachment rights".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ,

I really appreciate your quick response. Sorry, but i don't have that much experience in adobe and i've been trying to find out how to set up the "file attachment rights" and so far no success. i wonder if you could give me some directions, thanks in advance !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not something that can be done in Acrobat. You will need to use a special server application from the LiveCycle family to do it.

This application is very expensive, though, so I don't think it's going to be worth it.

An alternative is to create this file in advance, in Acrobat, and leave it empty. Then you'll just need to set its contents, and won't have to create it from scratch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to the LiveCycle server solution, you can also use DataLogic's PDF Java Toolkit to reader-enable documents: http://www.datalogics.com/products/pdf/pdfjavatoolkit/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Why do you need a one line text file to be generated? What does the user do with the text file once it's launched?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Joel, thanks for replying

This form has 30 rows and in each of them a sequence of really long numbers are
calculated to be used as serial numbers upon clicking in a check box which
has this code. Field1 is the first number and field2 is the last in the
sequence. The idea of this feature is to have a pop up screen telling which
sequence should be used with a message saying “Please use the sequence from Field1
to Field2” which can just be copied and pasted into a message when sent to the
production line. This would avoid the problem of picking the wrong sequence
from the wrong row or wrong field as all we need to know would be in that pop up screen.

Kind Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok - So a few things that might be helpful. Rather than saving a file and opening it only to have people copy the text and paste it somewhere else, you can...

• Pop open a dialog that has the message already selected and ready for copying. There could be instructions, branding etc. The user would just hit the copy shortcut then close the dialog.
  • Pop open an input box with the message prepopulated (same as a dialog essentially but easier to create) Not many options for layout or branding. The input box is intended to collect information from the user but you don't have to use it that way. There are no input box police that will come to your door in the middle of the night.
  • If the message is intended to be in the body of an email (or even part of an email) the email message can actually be generated by Acrobat/Reader where the To, Subject, and Body are all preset. You can add additional text around the message if necessary so all the user needs to do is hit send.

Let me know if any of that is helpful and I can guide you how to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Joel,

The first option looks like exactly what I’ve been trying to do. I don’t really need to save any file, I only need to copy and paste an instruction along with the values in Field1 and Field2 into the body of an e-mail. I would appreciate if you could give me some directions, thanks again!

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2017 Jun 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i was able to create the popup dialog box showing the values from Field1 and Field2 into my form, but so far no luck creating the copy shortcut in it. I'm wondering if anybody could give me some guidance. Thanks in advance !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2017 Jun 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not possible to copy text into the clipboard using a script.

You can generate a new email with the desired text as its default message body, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you asking how to get the string that you assemble from the fields into the copyable text area of the dialog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines