• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

JavaScript Solution? Fill out online populate pdf and send?

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a 40 page interactive pdf. Originated in InDesign and exported to an interactive PDF.  The PDF has multiple static fields (customer name, job number, date, address) there are also dynamic fields that are for product proposal that utilize forms and calculations.  The stand alone pdf works very well.  I want to see how I can automate this.

Here is the question: Currently we have to fill the PDF out manually, flatten the forms, save as and send this out for each inquiry.  Is there a way to have the form online, let the customer fill out and automatically populate the key fields for the static and dynamic content in the master PDF, flatten the PDF (so the form fields are not editable) and email the pdf.

I just can't wrap my head around what the best way to do this.  Any help would be a huge help.  Thanks     CO

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

You're going to need a PDF library tool running on the server to do this. There's no reliable client side solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're going to need a PDF library tool running on the server to do this. There's no reliable client side solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your response.    Is there a PDF Library tool that you would suggest?  I’m guessing it might depend on the server as well.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "right" tool is the one that you can use. There are a bunch of options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Joel.  Have a great day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines